ECU encourages members to make responsible financial decisions, but we also know there are times in life when making your monthly loan payment might be difficult due to certain situations or events, such as illness, car repairs, unplanned travel, etc.
ECU’s Skip A Payment program provides a way to manage these special circumstances. Instead of cutting corners to make your monthly payment on your loan at ECU, you can skip your payment for a month and use those funds for other needs.
To qualify for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- All ECU loans must be current and in good standing.
- You may 'skip' each eligible loan one time per year.
- Loan to be skipped must be current for six months prior to skipped payment per loan per calendar year (one skipped payment = one monthly payment, two consecutive bi-weekly payments, or four consecutive weekly payments).
- Interest will continue to accrue during the period to be skipped, which will extend the term of the loan.
- Program does not apply to Mortgage loans, Home Equity loans, Revolving Line of Credit, Member Business Service loans, Visa credit cards, Salary Advance loans, Single Payment loans, or Certificate Secured and Share Secured loans.
- To skip a Student Loan payment, the member must be making principal and interest payments, not just interest-only payments.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged with each Skip A Payment. In some instances the fee may be waived due to regulatory requirements.
To participate in the program, simply login into ECU Online and click on 'Additional Services' and then 'Skip A Payment'. Simply follow the steps and choose the loan you want to skip and it will be processed automatically (as long as it meets the above criteria). If you don't have online access, please print and complete this coupon (please use a separate coupon for each loan to be skipped) and return it to ECU. The coupon can be emailed to using our secure email system. To email your coupon:
- Visit https://securemail-ecu.org
- If you have previously used our secure email system, simply sign in using your username and password. If you are a new user, click 'Register' and follow the instructions to sign up.
- Once you are logged in, select the 'Compose' tab. You may then create your email. Please send the email to email@example.com.
- The coupon can also be faxed to 423.578.7320 or you may bring the coupon to any ECU branch.