Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, ECU is required to share with you its policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure and sale of your personal information and your rights to that information.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request what personal information ECU collects, uses, discloses and sells.
ECU does not sell your personal information.
You may request personal information ECU collects and maintains in writing at P.O. Box 1989, Attention: Error Resolution Department, Kingsport, TN 37662. You may also email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once ECU receives your request, and after identity is verified, we will provide an acknowledgment of receipt and respond within 45 business days.
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request for information or act on your behalf, you must provide ECU with a signed and notarized written instruction listing the name of the authorized agent, the information the agent is permitted to access, and the actions you authorize the agent to take. ECU may request additional information to protect your personal information from unauthorized access.
- Collection of Personal Information
In order to establish membership and provide financial products and services, ECU collects the following categories of information:
- Personal identifiable information, such as: name; signature; date of birth; address; telephone number; driver’s license number; copy of driver’s license; social security number or other government issued identification card or number.
- Information related to product and service eligibility, such as: education; income; employment; assets and liabilities; credit and account history with other financial institutions.
- Any other information needed to process transactions and service accounts, such as, such as: account number(s); routing numbers; payees; wire transfer information; credit and debit card number(s)
This information is obtained directly from you or third-party sources such as, consumer reporting agencies, educational institutions, and employers. ECU will share this information with affiliates and third-parties as needed to carry out everyday business, such as, processing your transaction(s), maintaining your account(s), responding to government requests, court orders and legal investigations, or reporting to consumer reporting agencies.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have a right to request the deletion of personal information collected or maintained by ECU. You may submit such a request using the instructions above.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
The CCPA provides you the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. ECU does not sell your personal information. If ECU engages in selling information in the future, it will provide you with an updated privacy notice and instructions for how to opt-out.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of your Privacy Rights
ECU will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
For more information call (800)999-2328