Start a Rainy-Day Fund for Unexpected Expenses
Preparing for unexpected expenses is an important part of your budgeting process! Finances often seem so tight that it's hard to imagine it's possible to save. That's why it's important to pay yourself first.
1. It's a good idea to open a seperate savings account for your rainy-day fund to help keep your savings seperate from more frequently used accounts. Click here to learn more about ECU's savings accounts and open one online.
2. If you're having a hard time finding the extra money to save, ask your free, financial wellness coach for help! Click here to learn more.
3. Set-up automic deposits to send money to the account each paycheck, so you don't spend the money before you have time to save it.
4. Increase the amount you are saving as you pay down other loans.
5. Don't spend it unless it's necessary. You'll be surprised how fast it will grow.